Friday, June 12, 2015

A better day.

So, already bed rest is not my favorite thing I've ever done. Things I like to do: Move. See people. Clean. Go to work. Run errands. Do crafts. Wrestle with my four year old ninja turtle. Things I don't like to do: Lay still. So, obviously, this is working out super great for me and I'm so excited for the next 14 weeks. :)

However, it's totally worth it. These babies are NOT allowed to come yet (did you hear that, babies?! YOU CAN'T COME YET!!!), and I went back to Dr. Grant this afternoon and the medicine is working! Yay, science!! I'm not having contractions today, which was the main concern, but all of the babies look great too. One of the two medicines he put me on to stop the contractions might affect the babies' fluid levels, in which case we would have to quit taking it. But for today they all looked great, and I'll go back again Tuesday to take another look. Which, I'm not complaining about. 1. It gets me out of the house (it's a 30 minute drive into Columbia, which means every time I go, I'm going to get at least two hours away from my bed...huzzah!), and 2. I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at those sweet peas. They are just so cute!!! And totally alien-eque right now, but still. I love them. Wide-set eyes and all.

My mom is here this week (all of the parents came for the party on Wednesday and then Grandma Diane stayed to help for a while and GMa Debbie is coming to take over for a few days next week! We are SO blessed to have rock star parents!!) so she got to see the babies today. I'm not sure Annie was ready for both of us in that room at the same time. When Nick comes with me, he's calm and collected and says normal things and asks normal questions. I, on the other hand, talk to the babies, squeal with delight when they move, and ask ALL the questions. And well, the apple doesn't fall too far from the Wilson tree, so you can imagine what that 30 minutes might have been like today while Annie was doing her thing to get measurements. Ah, bless her. She humored us and laughed with us, but I'm pretty sure she has to think we're idiots. I'm excited for Debbie to get to come with me on Tuesday...she'll be super delighted to see them too, but will probably be less obnoxious about it than Grandma Diane and I.

In other news, Jeremiah is handling bed rest pretty well so far. Although, he's kind of a tiny drill sargent about it. Nick explained it to him that in order to keep the babies safe and healthy, mommy has to stay on her bottom until they come. Which will be a long time. So we have to be gentle with her and we can lay next to her, but we can't jump on her and she can't get up to play. He heard, "Mommy must be on her bottom at all times." He came to get in bed with us yesterday morning and I was laying on my side, facing away from him. And we had this conversation:

"Mommy, you have to stay on your bottom all the time now, don't you?"
"Yup, buddy. That's right."
"Then why is it sticking up in the air?!"

Valid question.

Then at dinner, I came to the table (Dr. Grant says I can eat with my family, so no judging, judgers), and before I could sit down he was standing right behind me, poking me in the buns and saying, "Oh! Mommy! Your bottom! It's up!! Get it down! Right now!" Between he and my mom, I assure you I'm not cheating. At all. :)

So, all in all, a much better day today. My mom went to get me yarn yesterday and I'm about to get started crocheting some baby blankets...now that I know I've got TWO daughters and TWO more sons on the way, I've got some work to do!!! :)

Thank you so much for your prayers, encouragement, and support. We are continually in awe of how good our people are to us!!

And finally, a few more pictures from the other night...


Look at these two best buddies. Ah. I just love them.


I was maybe irrationally excited for a girl.


And everyone else knew how much I wanted a girl.


And then I got another one. But seriously. Can you imagine being about as girly-girl as they come and living with SIX boys?!? I would have loved every single one of them, but I'm pretty jazzed to have two little princesses in the mix to put bows and tutus on. I can't lie. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment