Wednesday, May 13, 2015

12 weeks.

Oh my gosh. You guys. Seriously. I just can't get over how generous and kind and wonderful you've been to us. So many people have reached out with offers of meals and plans for baby showers, and some of the awesome people we serve with in Children's Ministry at our church surprised us with loads of diapers on Sunday. And now my dear friend and college roommate, Amy, has started a "YouCaring" page for us to help offset some of the cost of diapers, formula, the minivan that's in our near future, and the inevitable NICU stay for four tiny babes. So many of you have already shared the site on your Facebook pages and donated to it, and Nick and I are just totally overwhelmed by your kindness and generosity. Truly. I can't thank you enough for your support.

Today we went for our 12 week appointment, and all four babies are still trucking right along! I get so nervous before each appointment and hold my breath until all four babies and their little heart beats are accounted for, so it's always such a huge relief when sweet Annie (seriously, if you ever have four babies in your belly at once, I pray you get an ultrasound tech like Annie. I love her with my whole heart.) tells us all is well. They've grown so much - even Nick is able to identify some of their body parts now! Here's their newest pictures with how they are each measuring:

Baby A
12 weeks and 1 day

Baby B
12 weeks and 3 days

Baby C
11 weeks and 5 days

Baby D
12 weeks and 1 day

All of their heads are on the left, except for Baby A. That little one's head is on the right. They've got all of their arms, hands, legs, feet, spines, noses, etc. Basically, they're killing it at being alive right now, so, good work, babies!!

I am also feeling SO, SO much better. Thank you all so much for praying. I'm down to throwing up just once a day, and also I don't feel like I want to die anymore so, YAY! I'm still exhausted and need a nap every day, but I can handle that. Dr. Grant says that for now there is nothing concerning him about my health, so we've avoided bed rest for at least a couple more weeks. I go back in two weeks to look more closely at how I'm doing and then two weeks after that to find out genders (and then I have to start going every week after that, but we're going to pretend that's not a thing that's happening...at least for now)!

And one more thing to make you smile, because he's the cutest big brother in the whole world:



This is my "I love you because" Mother's Day picture he took at school. That smile...it almost makes up for the part of the morning called "muffins with mom" when he left me at the teeny tiny table alone so he could go play with his best buddy (in his defense he did tell me I could stay and have muffins with the other moms and children, so he's a thoughtful date ditcher at least.).


No comments:

Post a Comment