Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Funny Jokes

So, here's a fun thing that happened as I hit "publish" on Friday's celebratory post...as if to remind me not to get too comfortable, even with a good report that day, I got a huge cramp all the way across my belly and it tightened up and felt super weird and uncomfortable. It lasted for 3 hours before I finally got scared enough to call the on-call doctor at the hospital. I promise I wouldn't have waited that long had it been during the day, but of course it started at 5:00pm as Dr. Grant's office was closing for the weekend, and I got scared of what was happening and then scared of calling and it was a whole deal. I'll spare you the details of my interaction with the on-call doctor, but suffice it to say that it wasn't super helpful and I ended up not going in. So then I laid in my bed and cried all night because I was afraid I hurt my babies and that Dr. Grant would be so mad at me for not coming in to the hospital like he told me to and all these pregnancy hormones make me feel crazy and...have I mentioned that my husband is a saint?

Anyway, the cramp did go away around 9:30pm with the suggestions the on-call doctor made but I felt like I should call yesterday and ask Jamie (my best friend nurse) how much trouble I was going to be in with Dr. Grant when I saw him today. Turns out I wasn't in trouble at all!! Huzzah! They were SO very kind to me (of course) and felt so awful that I didn't feel like I should go to the hospital on Friday night. They asked me to come in then so they could just take a look and make sure all of the babies and my cervix were okay, and praise the Lord, all is well. Sweet Lena girl's fluid level was back under 1.0, but not as bad as it was at 0.5, so we are decreasing the indocine again to see if that helps. Thankfully her little heartbeat continues to be so strong and her blood flow was better again yesterday, so I'm feeling hopeful about her situation. My cervix was fluctuating between 29 and 16 mm, but even when it was more open, it wasn't nearly as wide of an opening as it generally has been, so Dr. Grant felt good about that. All in all, we got a good report yesterday and I didn't do any damage to the babies by not going in to the hospital on Friday night. And because they are amazing, they gave me some other phone numbers to try rather than calling the on-call doctor (who probably knows exactly what to do with a normal pregnancy but maybe not with quads...weird, right?) and told me exactly what and where to feel for things in my belly should I get into trouble after hours again. So, big sigh of relief after the surprise appointment yesterday.

In other news, I now get to go see my friends THREE times a week! WHAT? I am the luckiest! They will start seeing me every Monday/Wednesday/Friday now in an effort to keep these babies in my belly and me out of the hospital for as long as possible. As is the nature of being in a hospital, my primary care team would lose some control of my care, and well, you all know how obsessed with them I am. I would literally go see them every day of the week to keep Dr. Grant, Jamie, and Annie in my life - they have worked so very hard to keep me healthy and the babies cooking, and I would do anything to be in their hands for several more weeks. Poor Mari, who does the scheduling (which means she is now rearranging my appointments for the THIRD time), offered to get me a desk next to her and give me some work to do since I'm gonna be there so much. I told her not to tempt me. :)

Thank you so much for praying!! We are getting so close!! We are 23 weeks tomorrow, which means one more week until viability and 5-7 more weeks until we're in the safe zone. Emotionally, I'm completely wiped, and physically, I'm getting really uncomfortable and really tired. Literally, I sleep ALL the time right now! If you have grandiose ideas of all the things I'm getting done/read/colored/watched with my time on bed rest, I'm super sorry to disappoint you. I had super grandiose ideas of that too. Or at least of keeping up with my thank you notes - I owe them to hundreds of you, and feel AWFUL that I haven't done them yet!! Know that in my heart I am SO grateful for all the things you sweet people have done to love and encourage us and the notes are the nicest, cutest, most well-written thank yous you ever did see. Someday, right? Someday I'll have the energy to function like a normal human again?! I mean, probably not for a year, but surely the itty bitty babies will come home from the NICU and start sleeping through the night and something in our life will feel normal again?!? Maybe?! :) But truly, I cannot complain. If the worst thing I can say is that I'm uncomfortably large and super sleepy, I'll take it. God has been so faithful to sustain us throughout this entire pregnancy, and we are just grateful to still have four babies to look forward to meeting this fall!

6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if the box I sent has arrived yet or not, but please DO NOT send me a thank you note. Not necessary. You're off the hook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Emily! I've been reading your blog for awhile now and I'm finally caught up on all your posts. I wanted to comment and say that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you as you traverse your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great blog, usually I don't post comments on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so!

    Website Content Writing Services India & Responsive Website Design Company India

    ReplyDelete
  4. need more Funny Jokes click on highlighted text

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign!
    Funny Jokes

    ReplyDelete