Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Rough Day

Yesterday was a particularly hard one as we got exactly zero positive news from my appointment. Lena's fluid is all the way down to 0.5 (normal is above 2 and all three of the other babies are in the upper 3's/lower 4's), and her blood flow continues to be an issue. In addition to my cervix being consistently 17 mm yesterday, my blood pressure is still high and there was protein in my urine, all of which are indicators for possible preterm labor. Because of all of these factors, Dr. Grant advised me to come to my appointment on Friday with a bag packed for the hospital, as he might send me for another mag drip. As unenthusiastic as I am about the potential of another round of the magnesium, I will absolutely do it if it's what's best for Lena. Because I'm on the lower dose of the indocine and both her fluid level and my cervix continue to be an issue, we will likely need to try something that would be easier on her and still calm my uterus and cervix down. So, I'm preparing myself for a rotten weekend, but it's absolutely okay. I would (obviously!) do anything to protect those babies and fight as hard as I can for sweet Lena girl, even if it means feeling like I've been run over by a truck for a couple of days.

In addition to the facts, Dr. Grant was again very honest about all of the things that could happen in the next few weeks, none of which are too exciting to think about. Because we are at 22 weeks today, we HAVE to keep these babies in for two more weeks to give any of them a shot at life. If my body doesn't get it together, it could force labor sooner than that and we would lose all of them. If my body can make it for another couple of weeks and would then go into preterm labor, there's still no guarantee that the babies could make it outside of the womb, but at least they would have a chance. And because of her fluid levels and blood flow issues, Lena may not make it at all, and we could lose her in utero at any point. So, we're feeling pretty discouraged, defeated, and exhausted right now, to be honest, and praying for miracles left and right.

Sorry this is so short, but I just wanted to give all of you faithful prayer warriors, encouragement senders, and sweet supporters the latest news from the Beydler Bunch. We appreciate you all so, so much and are continually comforted by your kindness to us. We also take comfort in God's grace to us and know that he holds all things together, even when it feels like they are falling apart around us. No matter what happens in the days ahead, we are confident that Jesus is near to us and fighting for us and that we are not walking this road alone. Not only has he provided this amazing support system that you all are to us, but he himself is faithful, and in him we find rest, even on the darkest of days.

12 comments:

  1. Prayers for all, but especially you and Lena! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been and will be continuing to pray for all of you.
    -Karen Nelson-Hartley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been and will be continuing to pray for all of you.
    -Karen Nelson-Hartley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for all of you and hugs to you guys Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You hit the nail on the head-Jesus is most certainly walking with you, your constant friend and provider. Your witness has already reached hundreds. Stay strong- God has this one.
    Love and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Light and love will always find you!

    Praying! #PrayOn

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I was having lunch with a dear friend, Theresa McClellan, and she said, "Friends of ours are having quad grand babies. They are the sweetest family, and they have the cutest little boy, Jeremiah!" We often exchange prayer requests with each other, and she said, you should read their blog! God is so good in his connections. Of course I didn't say anything other than, I definitely will, so I had to let you know I'm following along and praying like crazy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! What a small world! I'm so glad she told you about the blog - thanks for following along and praying for us! We miss you so much and are praying for you as well!! Please keep me posted!!!

      Delete
  8. So sorry to hear your last appointment was so difficult, but thanks for sharing so we have some specific things to pray for. Know we are following and praying. We will pray that Lena's fluid levels get up to 3 with increased blood flow and that you can keep them cooking for at least 4 more weeks (longer is better)! Way to go so far - keep hanging in there! Fun to hear you were able to have some good time with Jeremiah. Mindy, Bob, Sam, and Alex Gleason

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Nick & Emily....I'm Allison Jones mother in law. Know that lots of prayers from precious prayer warriors are being lifted up on your behalf from all over the state of Tennessee to Jehovah Rophe(God our Great Physician) & Jehovah Jireh(God who sees ahead and provides) hugs and prayers to your entire family & support system!!

    ReplyDelete