Tuesday, July 14, 2015

That a Girl!!

Praise the Lord, Lena had a MUCH better report today! Her fluid was over 3 (much better!) this time and her blood flow was also much better. She's still tiny, but she's a scrappy little fighter, and as Dr. Grant told me on Friday, "often times the little ones who've had to fight on the inside do much better on the outside than the giant couch potato babies who haven't had to work yet a day in their life." So, this mommy is feeling much more encouraged about all four of her babies today - even the couch potato ones.

As far as my cervix goes...well, as my hilarious friend, Mary, put it....stop being so dramatic, cervix. You don't always have to be the center of attention. We all know you're there and that you matter. So just, calm down. :) Silly cervix was back in the teens, but holding steady at 18-19, and it's not opening up past the cerclage, so that's a good thing. Because the babies' fluid levels were all really good today, but my cervix was a little short, we are going to go back up to 3 times a day on the indocine as well as add in a magnesium vitamin 3 times a day to see if that will settle my cervix back down. But, overall, it was a really good report today.

In other good news, I think this might be my chance to get on the Today Show (if you missed the first couple of blog entries, you may not know that my whole goal in starting a blog - other than to keep my friends and family up-to-date on the babies' well-being - was to get on the morning show circuit. And now that Natalie, Savannah, Matt, Al, Willie, Tamron, Dylan, and Carson are my best friends and constant companions, I feel like this has to happen. Surely if I can get on the Today Show, some company would want to give these tiny babes some diapers or formula, right?). So, Ellie Kemper, of the St. Louis and Kansas City Kempers and of Bridesmaids' fame, is filling in on the third hour of of the Today Show, and surely - SURELY - someone knows her. Right?! This didn't even occur to me until this morning when she had to fill in for Al doing the weather and was hilariously horrible at it, BUT she said, "oh! St. Louis! I can tell you what's happening there! And Jefferson City! I know my capitol!" SHE KNOWS WHERE I LIVE!! So, I'm calling in favors. If anyone knows the Kempers, maybe do me a favor and ask them if they can ask Ellie if I can be on the show? I'll even put make-up on and sit up in my bed (obviously we'll have to FaceTime until the babies get here and then we could actually go to New York. Because traveling with four infants and a preschooler is going to be a piece of cake.). And even though I'm not having the first set of quintuplet girls or two sets of identical twin girls nor am I in my 60s (all things that have happened since I got pregnant with these four babies...ugh! Why am I late to every party?!?), I DO have an amazing adopted 4.5 year old who basically makes our family infinitely cuter, just by being him. So, Ellie. Kemper family. Today Show people. If you're reading this, call me. I think you're super funny and awesome and would be the most grateful guest you've ever had. :)

Lastly, for those of you who have asked, here's what I'm looking like these days:


I'm really terrible at these pictures and don't know the rules about if you're supposed to smile or not and where you put your hand...it's all very awkward. But, there they are. Four babies at 21 weeks (tomorrow), and we're all getting bigger!

Thank you for praying for sweet Lena and the rest of the tiny gang - and for Jeremiah, Nick and I. Jeremiah is having a blast in Springfield (we knew he would!), and Nick and I are significantly less weepy about him being gone than we were on Sunday when I posted. Thank you all for your sweet reminders that he's going to be okay and for the encouragement you continue to be to Nick and I. We are so very grateful!!


Mr. Cool having the time of his life at Silver Dollar City.


No comments:

Post a Comment