Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Healthy Babies!

Oh man. Today was pretty intense, but after a million hours of counting fingers, measuring bellies, and looking at blood flow and umbilical cord placement, we got mostly great news from Dr. Grant!! Mavis, Amos, and Oliver are all measuring within the 19-20 week range (we're 20 weeks tomorrow) and all of their things are in the right places. Amos' umbilical cord placement is a little off, but apparently that's pretty normal for "multifetal gestation" (have I mentioned lately that I LOVE Dr. Grant?! One of my favorite things is that he never abbreviates anything...he uses the technical term for all the things and it's super precious.), and usually only causes problems during labor. Which I won't be having (hooray for a C Section?! I guess?!), so no big deal for us. The only red flag is that Lena is indeed lagging behind, size-wise. Luckily, she is symmetrically small, which Dr. Grant assures us makes her tiny peanut status less scary. She's only measuring at 17 weeks, so about three weeks behind, but all of her parts are looking okay and we will just keep praying she's able to catch up!! Poor sweet baby...she couldn't get the camera to herself today. Someone's face/foot/hand/belly was in her shot the entire time Annie was trying to measure her. No wonder she can't grow...everyone stop touching your sister! Stay on your side!

They also measured my cervix today and it was consistently in the 20's, which Dr. Grant said is just fine for now. I'll go again on Friday to measure that and check on the babies' fluid levels (Lena's was better today, so that's a huge praise!). All in all it was a great (albeit long and exhausting) visit, and we got several "Congratulations!" and "I think you're doing just great!"s today!! WHAT?!? "Just great"?!?! I can't even believe it!! This roller coaster we are on is insane, but I can say with 100% certainty that your prayers, love, and encouragement are what's sustaining us, and we are beyond grateful.

Other highlights from today?! So glad you asked...

  • I got to eat AT Chipotle. As in, I set foot in another building besides the doctor's office, hospital, or my house for the first time in a month. I loved that burrito so much today.
  • We talked about where I would deliver and it remains a mystery for now, but we learned that if they come at 24-25 weeks, we'll deliver at MU's Women's and Children's (more hands on deck there, which those tiny babies will need). If we go at 28 or beyond, we'll be back at Boone (where I was last week). He failed to mention what will happen between 25-28 weeks, but we're just going to keep praying for a Boone delivery (nothing against Women's and Children's...I just want to keep these babies in as long as possible!).
  • I am getting so huge that I already can't get comfortable at night. Sweet Nick asked Dr. Grant today if there was anything we could do and Dr. Grant almost giggled at him. I knew it just comes with the territory, but I so appreciate that my hubby tried to find a solution. He's the best.
  • At 24 weeks, I'm going to start getting steroids to help the babies' lungs develop. So probably I'm going to be huge and full of rage. Get your visits in in the next four weeks and then steer clear of the Beydler house until those kiddos come. Hashtag roid rage.
  • I took a two hour nap when we got home because apparently I no longer have the stamina to be out of my bed for 8 hours. So, here's to another sleepless night? :)
That's about it for today, and we couldn't be more grateful for a "you're doing just great" report from the doctor. That is WAY more than we could have asked for or thought possible after the last couple of weeks, so we will rest in that for today and take what comes tomorrow when it gets here.

Thank you again for your love and support! We are so grateful!!




1 comment: