Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Rough Day, Take 12.

Hey there...just a quick update that things are kind of scary again today. Lena's fluid was better today (1.9 - so, not quite over the 2.0 mark we need it at, but significantly better than it was), but her blood flow was a little concerning. Mavis, Amos, and Oliver are all doing great still, so there is for sure at least something to celebrate. My cervix, on the other hand, continues to shorten. Today it was fluctuating between 11 and 14 mm, which is the shortest it's been. Dr. Grant was prepared to send me for another mag drip, but after looking at the pictures again, he decided it would only be to torture me (um, HUGE "thank you" for sparing me that if it's not actually going to help anything!). The purpose of the mag drip is to calm the uterus, and the pictures of the cervix indicate that it's not opening from uterine activity, which renders the mag drip useless. So, I'm at home laying as still and flat as possible in hopes that gravity will help take some of the pressure and weight off of my cervix and it will close back up a little bit.

I am absolutely confident that God is still in the business of miracles, but I'm also aware that my sweet medical team thinks I've probably only got 2-3 weeks left of keeping these babies in. So, I'm still praying for 30 weeks but will take whatever God brings our way, knowing that He is always, always good. Nick and I take comfort in His love for both us and these babies, which far exceeds anything we can comprehend. Thank you for praying along with us...we are so blessed.


Here's the babies at 23 weeks. We're getting big, but I would LOVE the opportunity to be bigger. Come on, babies. Hold on a few more weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment